Updated September 13, 2020
2. Data collection:
We will collect your personal information, usage data and analytics.
3. Use and disclosure:
We may use, possess, process and disclose the personal information collected about you as described in this Policy.
4. Contact RSL:
We collect the following types of information about users of the App:
1. Personal information:
To facilitate study team and community-based practitioner communications, the App will require the input of your name, email address and cell phone number. Patients will not be given access to this information. If agreed to, this information can be deleted at any time and for any reason at your request. However, deleting this information will negatively affect your ability to participate in study team and community-based practitioner communications.
We do not knowingly collect any additional personal identifiable information such as your full name or date of birth.
2. Usage and analytics data:When you access the App, we may automatically collect certain information including a non-personally identifiable random universally unique identifier (UUID). While the App does not automatically collect your device’s operating system information, information from the App Store downloads will contain it and, if requested, will be made available to us. To help us understand, improve and enhance user experiences, we may track in-app events (such as frequency of use of the App’s bulletin board) in a non-personally identifiable fashion to gather information and analyze your use of the App.
If you wish to stop all collection of information by the App, simply uninstall the App using the standard uninstall process for your device.
We may use the information collected about you for the following general purposes:
1. To provide, maintain and improve the App; to perform technical operations; to allow you to participate in or suggest additional features of the App; to customize your experience on the App; and to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
2. Research and analytics: To analyze user interactions with the App, including monitoring and analyzing usage; and for other research and statistical purposes.
3. Legal compliance: as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary for any of the following purposes:
1. Purposes disclosed in this Policy:
to fulfill the purposes of collecting, possessing, using and processing information as outlined in this Policy.
2. Legal requirements:
to comply with a legal obligation; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Refuah; to prevent or investigate wrongdoing in connection with the App; to protect the personal safety of users of the App or the public; and to protect against legal liability. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
3. Communication with Sponsors and Clinical Research Organizations:
information regarding your use of the App to assist you in enrolling one or more patients in a clinical trial may be disclosed to the Sponsor (or its Clinical Research Organization – a “CRO”) of that clinical trial (for example, in order to provide you with an access code or to provide the Sponsor (or its CRO) with statistical information regarding your use of the App to enroll patients in that clinical trial).
information that is aggregated, generalized, and de-identified (ie. information that could identify you having been removed) may be disclosed to the public or interested stakeholders, such as health researchers, physicians, and patients, to evaluate the reach and effectiveness of the App in addressing the value of apps in health care delivery, to improve the App, and for other statistical and analytical purposes. We may publish or present this information but will not include any information that could identify you.
All information collected by the App will be stored in cloud storage services. Industry standards and organizational measures will be used to protect and prevent unlawful processing, damage or use of personal information.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but unfortunately the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our App. We will use security features and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information once we receive it.